What is the difference between the free and the paid plans of Museums Sites?
Museums Sites provides a premium service, which costs time and money to develop and enhance and generally we need to charge for it.
What you get with every edition of Museums Sites is:
- A state of the art collection and content management system
- A customisable website with all the features your museums will need
- Dedicated interfaces for desktop/mobile and laptops
- Failover hosting service and multi-tier backup systems
- Support and maintenance from a dedicated and knowledgeable team
- The services of an award winning digital agencies specialising in digital applications for museums
The full comparison between the two editions is as follows.
|Feature||Standard edition||Free edition|
|Collection management||Unlimited objects||100 objects|
|Disk space||25GB (extra available)||0.5GB (no extra available)|
|Initial support||8 hours of support to help you upload content, create images and get started||Extra cost|
|Ongoing support||30 minutes per month||Not available (other than to fix bugs!)|
|Support options||Website, email and telephone||Website only (tickets for bugs)|
|Website||Unlimited pages, events, exhibitions and more||50 pages, 10 events, 10 exhibitions, 10 themes|
|Template||Full set of templates||Limited set of collection templates (no Search and no Artists A-Z)|
|Domain name||Use your own domain name||Use a museumssites.com subdomain|
Further, every detail of Museums Sites and Qi is meticulously designed, developed and tested. We fix every bug we find and we respond to every support request. Our servers have incredible uptime. You will save time and considerable money for not having to purchase any other software, nor service or maintenance.